Inherent to every child is the potential for extraordinary achievements. In addition to a host of engaging health and wellness programs, the Mary Free Bed YMCA will debut a youth leadership academy: A unique educational opportunity for kids to explore their talents and interests. Here, kids learn the components of public policy, social entrepreneurialism, global education, environmental responsibility, and philanthropic stewardship in afterschool and summer settings. The Y goes to great lengths to ensure that bodies are fit for the present, and minds are prepared for the future.
Young minds at the Mary Free Bed YMCA grow in:
- Public Policy: Students immerse themselves in experiential civic engagement and practice democracy by discussing and debating issues that affect the citizens of Michigan.
- Social Entrepreneurialism: Young adults learn sustainable entrepreneurship and business models that support social causes.
- Global Education: Kids develop cultural competencies and key skills for collaborating with peers around the world.
- Environmental Responsibility: Environmental education provides the capability and skills to analyze environmental issues and take action to improve the environment.
- Philanthropic Stewardship: Teenagers learn the importance of philanthropy and how it affects the community.
- Internships & Mentoring: Students learn community building, cultural differences, civic leadership, and professional development skills in real-world working environments.
For more information about the Mary Free Bed YMCA, contact Sara DeMann.